Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 41: Hip Hop

Let me start this out by saying that I don't think I will be able to find a type of music that will push me further out of my comfort zone than this main title did. I'm glad it happened, because I need to know what I can and can't do. It took me nearly 3 days to come up with something at least passable, which is no small feat considering that 3 days ago, I had never listened to a hip hop song all the way through before. So here it is, my final main title. This will be the first, and hopefully last hip-hop song I do, but I'm happy Mike made me do this. The lesson here is that in the composing world, a producer will ask you to write something you have no personal interest in, and if you want to get paid at the end of the day and be reliable as a composer, you need to deliver.



Tomorrow I'm meeting Mike to have my final review. From that review Dave is driving me to the airport and this fellowship will be over. I don't have any thoughts on it now because it doesn't feel like it's over. In a way it's not. This is kind of the beginning. So tomorrow I find out which direction I'm headed in, and I can't wait. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment