Monday, January 28, 2013

Video Games

So I've been pretty quiet lately. Truth be told that's a good thing at the moment. The two movies that I scored were my first two movies ever, and there was a lot of learning to be done with them. That's a good thing, but what I didn't anticipate was that it would be two movies back to back. I wouldn't change a single day of the process, but by the end, I was tired. Luckily I don't have anything huge lined up until the summer, where I may be doing another film, but that's not official yet.

I'm currently working on a short western film called Dead Man's Hand. I'm doing it as a favor to someone who helped me out a lot a couple years ago. This film is the perfect test bed for my new software (and I'm learning a lot about it here) as well as a great way for me to test my chops at a new genre. So far, I'm really liking the way things are sounding. You can expect a sample in the next day or two.

After the short, I may be doing a web series that should be very interesting. Then it's the wait until summer. I'm moving (in more ways than one) in April. I'll be relocating closer to LA, as well as moving my digital life over to the new website. On that topic, I've been getting some samples of the new site from my web designer and I'm thrilled at how it's looking. It's simple, elegant and easy to use. It's all about getting to the music, and I don't want anything flashy to distract from that. I'll also be moving to my new rig once the computer I need becomes available. Lots of changes coming up!

So I find myself in a greatly appreciated slow period. But I don't want it to be slow for long. So I've started doing some research into music for video games. It's a great industry to be in, and the exposure is huge. I'm interested in trying my hand at some Indie Video Games. These are lower in budget, yet huge in creativity. At the moment, I'm reaching out to game developers to try to get involved with a few projects. This idea is in its infancy at the moment, but I'm excited to get started. I've already received a couple replies, so it will be a lot of fun to see where this goes. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment