Monday, March 12, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise

Last Thursday I was invited to attend Flashback at California Adventure. Flashback was the Disney event I wrote music for the commercials for. I was given two tickets, so I went with a friend from work. The event was to raise money for one of the Charities Disney supports. The event was 4, 20 minute musicals put on by all the people who work at Disney. Some were Disney actors, but others were management, custodial, ride operators; basically anyone who wanted to be in them. The shows were of the utmost quality, but it had the feel of a talent show, because the audience was all Disney employees, so they were cheering and screaming for their friends on stage. The event raised $10,000 for a local children's charity so that was amazing too. Here's the cover to the program.


While looking through the program, I was reading the credits for the production team when I stumbled across something they didn't tell me about. Look near the bottom. 


I got my first real credit printed in something! It was a small thing, but a huge moment for me. I hope maybe someone at Disney liked the music and notices my name. 

So that was a really cool surprise. In other news, I started writing my final piece for the fellowship due April 1st. I'm writing my Epic genre song right now. It took me a long time to get it going, but I'm finally into it now so I hope if everything works out timing-wise I'll get it done in time. Not too long to go. Once I get it finished, I'll post all the tracks I'm submitting. Tune in soon for more news!


2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to get an unsolicited AND unexpected credit, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A step in the right direction is just that. Dennis in CT

    ReplyDelete